VFS Global sets new benchmarks in its sustainability reporting
The submit VFS Global sets new benchmarks in its sustainability reporting appeared first on TD (Travel Daily Media) Travel Daily.
VFS Global the world’s largest outsourcing and know-how providers specialist for governments and diplomatic missions shared new milestones in its sustainability journey.The new findings have been revealed in the fourth version of the organisation’s Integrated Sustainability Report 2022, launched on 3 July 2023. The report signifies constant enchancment in the organisation’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) efficiency in 2022. The report has been ready following the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards and Sustainability Accountability Standards Board’s (SASB).
“The report documents measurable improvements in our sustainability journey in 2022, as well our continued commitment towards achieving higher targets this year. Based on the five fundamental pillars of our Sustainability strategy – Contributing to Sustainable Economic Growth, Delivering Good Governance, Nurturing our Colleagues, Protecting our Environment, and Supporting our Communities, the report reiterates strong alignment to our business strategy and the United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goals,” mentioned Shireen Mistree, Head – ESG, VFS Global.
IR 2022 highlights
Protecting our surroundings
- More than 200,000 timber have been planted throughout the globe, as a part of our contributions to reforestation and nature regeneration initiatives offering 10,000 tCO2e in VCS carbon credit. This has additionally resulted in addressing social points like poverty alleviation whereas contributing to girls’s empowerment. Over 70% of the planting workers are girls who now have a gradual supply of revenue to supply for the on a regular basis wants of their households.
- Marked a discount in carbon emissions of 40 p.c in 2022, in comparison with the bottom yr of 2019, because of the larger utilization of renewable power, power effectivity initiatives in addition to the usage of carbon credit.
- Certified eco-friendly paper was used for greater than 90% of our advertising and marketing materials.
- Continued our dedication to accountable e-waste disposal in accordance with native laws resulted in 10,035 kg of waste being handled, in India alone.
- Target for 2023 is to scale back our carbon footprint depth by 10%.
Nurturing our colleagues
- Maintained a robust gender stability with a ratio of 57:43 for girls to males in 2022. Women maintain 27% of our management positions. The aim is to exceed 30% illustration of ladies in management in the subsequent 3 years.
- Introduced the inclusive language information with inclusive terminologies and Dos and Don’ts as a device to develop sensitivities and allow conscious behaviour amongst colleagues.
- Globally, greater than 129 nationalities work with VFS Global, bringing the good thing about all kinds of world views.
Supporting our communities
- Undertook over 80 group initiatives touching the lives of greater than 59,000 people throughout 35 international locations in partnership with greater than 40 charitable, social and group organisations.
- Set social priorities of caring with empathy, selling training, and preserving the atmosphere information funding in group programmes all through the worldwide community.
Sustainable Economic Growth
- Visa Application Centres world wide create native jobs, and as of finish of 2022, VFS Global employed 8,883 colleagues worldwide.
- Digitise the end-to-end Visa utility processing together with Digitisation of Visa Application, which ends up in lowering our carbon footprint
- In 2022, native suppliers accounted for 86% of whole procurement spend for engagement exceeding CHF 20,000.
Delivering Good Governance
- Updated worker and provider code of conduct to incorporate ESG standards making certain that as customers and suppliers of providers, all function in a socially accountable method.
- Mandatory ESG coaching for all staff in 2022 and for suppliers in 2023
- RSA Archer, enterprise danger administration device consists of ESG questions for suppliers as a part of the due diligence course of.
The submit VFS Global sets new benchmarks in its sustainability reporting appeared first on Travel Daily.